Attention UK members !!

• Dank erhalten: 0

Janne850 antwortete auf das Thema: Attention UK members !!

Hello Gooff

If you make a small meeting in the summer i will be there to just say when :grin:

BR Janne :Drv1:

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

• Pusches
  • Puschess Avatar
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Im Auftrag des 8ers unterwegs ...
  • Dank erhalten: 374

Pusches antwortete auf das Thema: Attention UK members !!

I agree to Fredy.
One time you should be the one....
But not the Size matters, you know. the Quality is the point.

If you organize anything, let me know. I will :Drv1: in a hurry.
From Ludwigshafen it should be "only" about 850km´s.

Stay tuned !

• Fredi
  • Fredis Avatar
  • Besucher
  • Besucher

Fredi antwortete auf das Thema: Attention UK members !!

Hello Gooff :winken:
One Year it will be your turn to Organice the European Meeting in the UK.
European Meeting Tour: last Year's, France now Switzerland and next Year seems to be Jannes pleasure to invite, so 2005 is still open :grinsen1:
I would certainly like to join one Day a Meeting in the UK as well :grin:

Regards Fredi Swiss

G00FF antwortete auf das Thema: Attention UK members !!

Hey All :grin:
:grin: Hi Pusches. YOu got to be the bravest German i know. (Janne would be the braves Swede) You are very wellcome to come. But i will be a bit of a long drive. (munich to London is 1200km) It will not be worth it if we have a short meet.

But i guess we should try to organise something bigger for people that will not want to drive to switz.. I'm just not that good of an organiser to pull something like Dijon. :(

What ever we decide you'll all know about it. I'll probably try to use this forum anyway (if you don't mind).
Maybe i'll get some UK members interested in the switz meet so i don't have to drive there by myself. :Drv:

Oh i got an idea. Why don't we all got to Monaco F1 Grand Prix? :P

Ok Ok I'm not very serious but i could have been cool :wink:

Gooff

1996 850CSi
UK

Schnarri antwortete auf das Thema: Attention UK members !!

The production date of my 850iA is Sept. 12th 1991. I`ll have a look for engravements/stickers on my canister today. (Should be the same as on your canister.)

:Drv: Love this smiley!

DON'T PANIC!

jb007 antwortete auf das Thema: Attention UK members !!

Sorry Ralf. It is pipe number 5 and not 3. I cant edit-even when I am logged on.

Hi Schnarri.

Thanks for the input. I was just wondering if anyone with same build date car has the green sticker. I will flush out the system and use 11S. I hope you wont be offended since most people are telling me to go with the sticker. Also if it has been filled with 11S- I cant go back to 7.1.

What is the year of your car and what do you use?
Thank you.I'll keep you all posted.

Dear Ralph
How are you? thanks for the diagrams and advice. I still dont know where all the brake fluid is coming from and where all the green 11S is going to. The brake fluid reservoir is still pretty full so where do I put back the 1L brake fluid I lost yesterday?

I need to replace part number 3 on your diagram. The new leak of Brake fluid is underneath the object where the pressure switches (4 and 5) are connected(is it the pressure regulator?).

YOU ARE MOST WELCOME IN ENGLAND ANY TIME AND I AM SURE YOU WILL ENJOY IT.YOU MUST BRING SOME OTHERS WITH YOU!

Dear Alexey
Thanks for the reply. How are things with you?Congratulations on your BMW Individual. Would love to see it in the flesh soon. I will try and email the other chap soon.
I am a little preoccupied at the moment with car trouble,family trouble and girlfriend trouble-not to mention money trouble.
Look forwrd to hearing from you soon!

Best wishes to all and thanks und mfg

polashky

• Pusches
  • Puschess Avatar
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

Please keep me also informed about your meeting. If Possible my 8th will visit UK :grin: for a good breakfast ...

Hey JB
Yes i changed my Black 850CSi for Black 850CSi Individual but a newer one with Black and Champagne interior. There are some pictures in the "Galerie" on this website.
www.clube31.de/galerie/newview.php?zeile....09.23%20Dijon-2002#

Still in London and still want to meet up somewhere sometime in late spring. I'll try to go for the Switzerland meet in summer.

The guy's name, who broke down last time, is Jeff and his email: Diese E-Mail-Adresse ist vor Spambots geschützt! Zur Anzeige muss JavaScript eingeschaltet sein!

I think it still works.

I've spoken with John a few days ago. (the guy with a blue 850 from London, he was with his brother). WE think it is best to organise a one day meet somewhere. But we are not sure where. There are number of possible options.
1) some country PUB with good parking and good food. (oh by the way the pub, the london members met in ,on the way to Birmingham had amazing breakfast)
2) Maybe something like a carting track with good parking

Any more ideas? Come on i know you have some!!

Gooff

1996 850CSi
UK

Schnarri antwortete auf das Thema: Attention UK members !!

The difference between pentosin 7.1 and 11S is, that the 7.1 is made on mineralic base, the 11S on synthetic base. (The 11S has a wider range of temperature stability, the viscousity is nearly the same.) The reason for the sticker on the canister might be caused by a change of system parts (repair?) or a new system filling ("update?") by the previous owner (if your car already had one...). And if somebody who didn`t knew of the 11S-filling has refilled with 7.1 or similar mineralic stuff you got the explanation of the pink color. If you don`t have any documents (f. e. car garage bills), I`d recommend to empty the system, fix the leak and refill it completely with the 7.1.

best regards,

Schnarri

DON'T PANIC!

• Pusches
  • Puschess Avatar
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

Hi, Guys

The problem you have is an other I think. If the pipe has an little hole where the pentosin is pissing out you have an overpressure problem. The warning light says that the pressure is not constant.
Do you have sometimes not the full breaking Power ? if <yes you have to change an additional Part called pressure memory. It is a bulb wit about 15 cm diameter who stores the pressure for breaking. This part is placed before the left wheel under the plasic cover in the wheel house.

In german it is called "Druckspeicher" Part 10
Please also change part 5 and 4 because on Most Cars the sensors are leaking.

Here is the other diagram, where you see the rest of the pipes.
Which pipe are leaking? Number 3 ?

If you need Cheep Parts, feel free to Contact me. The "Pusches Parts" Company will be able to Support you with Club Prices.

:Drv1: [/code]

Hi Goof.
How are you? Did you change your black 850csi? Are you still in London?I am on for a meet this summer in England-maybe Brighton.
As you know I 'm having troble with hydraulics. I wanted some emails -especially the guy who had power steering problems at the meet last year-I forgot his name. I'm still in contact with Johnster (fat guy with blue LHD).

send me a direct email.
best wishes
polashky :fight:

Hi Vodoo.

Thanks for the reply.I've asked many people in England and at roadfly US and most people say to use 11S because the aufbleker(sticker) is a green one from BMW. It is not recommended to go back to 7.1 after using 11S.

The leak was from the pipe which connects the Pentosin cannister to the first part of the booster. The pipe has been ordered from Germany to England and I should get it next week.

I put the old pipe back on after repairing it with tape but now my Brake fluid is leaking from underneath the pressure regulator but the fluid level on the reservoir is still full-so where is this coming from?
My bordcomputer says "Bremservosysteme" something.

I dont expect this from a 160 000 euro car.Especially since Germany has such a good reputation for quality.I need your help.

best wishes und mfg
polashky

PS. Does your cannister top have a grun aufbleker-if so what is the engraviert underneath?

Hey JB

I don't really have the list of uk members but i got a list of all emails. I noticed recently that some of then don't work anymore.

Who are you trying to reach?

Gooff

1996 850CSi
UK

Vodoo antwortete auf das Thema: Attention UK members !!

Hello!

my car is nearly the same. I´ve got an 850ci mai 1991. My one needs the Pentonsin 7.1
Where is the Pentonsin goin out?

Was heist nur fliegen ist schöner? Wer will bei dem Auto noch fliegen?<br><br>
Wer Rechtschreibfehler findet, darf sie behalten!

• Pusches
  • Puschess Avatar
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

you should use Pentosin 7.1 for your car. After 1994-1996 the other stuff was used.

The Repair should not cost 6000EUR. If you need cheep Parts contact me.

Regards Pusches

Hi GOOF(Alexey)
How are you? Whats happened to Phillipe Brules site. Any chance of it becoming live again? Have you heard from the guys in england? I need to contact some of them.Please can you email me their contact details.

I am having power steering problems. I was just warming my car a couple of weeks ago and I burst a leak from a hose which goes from the power steering cannister to the booster. the luid coming out is pale pink in colour.It should be green.

On my cannister there is a green label which says 11S but when I scratched it off it is engraved 7.1.
My car is build date is Oct 1991 and it is 850 C1 with M70 engine but I heard that they only started to use 11S after 1993.

I must not mix up the fluids otherwise the seals on the steering box gets damaged and starts to leak and may cost 6000 euro to fix.
Can you give me some advice please or put me in touch with someone whos has a car with similar build date.
Cheers
Polashky

G00FF erstellte das Thema Attention UK members !!

Hi all.

We getting closer and closer to summer and should start thinking if you guys want to get a short meet organised.

It would also be nice to find out how many of as still have our 8-series. ( i know that some have sold theirs )

Well leave your comments.

If you do or do not want to have a meet

Gooff

1996 850CSi
UK

e31 850 CSi.jpg